Sunday, March 4, 2012

Technology

This week in class we watched a documentary on technology. I was in complete and utter shock after watching it. I completely agree that our society is so involved in technology. I personally think it's not a good thing. I think there are some good aspects of technology, like with the military, but for the most part, it's a negative thing. Today I went to the Ymca to workout, After my workout I'm doing weight machines, I look ahead of me and I really realized, how dependent our society is on Technology.
This is what I saw when I looked across. Five ellipticals with televisions running and no one on them. I personally was in distraught as to why the YMCA even got new televisions for the ellipticals. Personally, When I go workout, I like to listen to my music, not television which engulfs our society today. Another interesting point is, how often people don't talk to one another in person. Recently, I committed to Mizzou and joined the class of 2016 page. I planned on getting a roommate from there so I posted a little paragraph about myself on there. Soon after, I received several messages on Facebook from people whom were interested. After talking to the girls, I realized that I couldn't choose over the internet. You may get along very well online, but in person, it will never work out. You can make yourself seem ultimately perfect over the internet, with choice of words and Photoshop. In the end I think the internet and television are taking over our lives. That is shown throughout our school today. Children are on Facebook for hours rather than doing their homework. I currently while posting this blog have Facebook open in the next tab. I hate spending more than an hour on the computer a day. However, it's hard with all the homework we are given that is online and social media websites.  Socially our society is adapting to these changes, which are at a very fast pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment